Hello from Australia!

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442
Re: Hello from Australia!

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Sa 8. Jan 2011, 04:07

I would love to have a TU-134 - we have plenty of room on our property but I can't seem to find one on eBay! The photographs in the magazine led to the Trabi starring in a television commercial and being registered with a car talent agency! The uniform I bought many years ago and is also used in publicity. I had an e-mail from the Australian production of "Top Gear" saying they may like to do a story this year - we'll wait and see.

I am always watching eBay.de for Interflug items - if anyone sees a TU-134 please let me know!!!! (even a little bit is OK!) By the way, we had a Captain who flew 737's with Australian Airlines/Qantas - he used to fly TU-134's for CSA. He told me they did their endorsement and re-certification at the IF facilities at SXF. He really liked the 134, saying it was a 'sports car' compared to the boring 737!

Another one of our Tech Crew (Pilots) also flew TU-134's for Aviogenex, he is also on the 737 fleet.

I hope nobody is upset with the photos - please let me know and I'll remove them if this is the case.

Regards from a very hot Summer's Day in Australia! (Please send us your snow - except Queensland, they have enough water already)
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 99817
Skype-Name: EDGE-Henning

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Sa 8. Jan 2011, 09:32

I hope nobody is upset with the photos - please let me know and I'll remove them if this is the case.

No! are please leave! I like them. Anyway me as an old car manufacturer! I worked at AWE, the producer of the Wartburg.
0 x
Flieger sterben nicht, sie fliegen nur höher!

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Sa 8. Jan 2011, 09:47

There is incidentally a great video. Based on the airfield Eisenach. In the 1990s there was the ka-known problems with the Mercedes A-Class. These vehicles overturned even in extreme situations to you. Especially situations where you suddenly had to avoid an obstacle, were affected. We tested this in Sweden or Finland (?) with the "elk test ". Thereupon, Mercedes Benz built the "electronic stability program"as a driving aid, so that the vehicle is safe. The video shows that it may at any Trabant without ESP. The ESP system was later known as Moose search program. "Elch" means in German Moose "
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Sa 8. Jan 2011, 10:10

By the way, go with us still in the Trabant rally. With up to 83 hp (at very low weight) or 140 hp with 4-stroke engines have the things very good handling characteristics. Only on long, straight Abschitten lacks Entgeschwindigkeit (rally Trabant 170 - 180 km / h) and then take on Porsche & Co. My car is a Seat Leon 16V with 129 hp, a derivative of the VW Golf Mark 4, I was overtaken on the highway, a yellow Trabant rally. I had no chance! And I'm professional drivers.

Also on show are works cars and the yellow Trabant, who leave me
0 x

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 20095

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Sa 8. Jan 2011, 19:17

your photos are in good hands here

interDDR-Australia hat geschrieben: ... really liked the 134, saying it was a 'sports car' compared to the boring 737! ...
Bild

probably you are right,
but my captain always said - who flies TU-134 need courage and strength
Bild
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » So 9. Jan 2011, 00:30

I guess those were the days when flying was more airmanship and hands-on and less watching computer inputs and procedures! (no offence to today's techies!) - all our jobs in aviation have changed dramatically, just as long as there is still a place for us in the future!
0 x

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » So 9. Jan 2011, 10:07

interDDR-Australia hat geschrieben:I guess those were the days when flying was more airmanship and hands-on and less watching computer inputs and procedures!

You're right, we had no on-board computer as present time :roll:
I worked with Slide rule "Aviat" - who needs no electrical power ! 8-) always ready
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 19:30

interDDR-Australia hat geschrieben: ... Regards from a very hot Summer's Day in Australia! (Please send us your snow - except Queensland, they have enough water already)

Hi Neil, in what city do you live - I look at Google Earth
and send you snow with the beam machine from Mr. Spok
Bild
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Mi 12. Jan 2011, 17:53

Hi Neil -
What is going on in Queensland, do you still have dry feet ?
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mi 12. Jan 2011, 18:10

Hi Flieger-Bernd,

There is a special TV channel dedicated to the floods in Queensland and New South Wales - continual coverage 24 hours a day. Brisbane City is deserted and a large part underwater, there have been about 12 people killed and many more missing. The water is due to peak about now. In Victoria we have had torrential rain and thunder with a few towns flooding but we are fine - our cellar is filling up but it does that when the rain gets too heavy! I have a set of 1st Class seats from a 727 in my home office (with Interflug headrest covers) - they have life jackets underneath just in case! Thank you for your concern! Neil
0 x

Zurück zu „INTERFLUG (English language section)“