Hello from Australia!

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442
Hello from Australia!

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 00:49

Hello everyone! I live in country Australia, work for our national airline QANTAS as cabin crew (and before that with TAA/Australian Airlines) and have been following Interflug all my life! I regularly visit Germany on what we call "DDR Discovery Tours" - to find traces of DDR aviation (and DDR life in general) - I have a website called >> http://www.interDDR.com << and would appreciate any comments, corrections or contributions! I am very excited to find this forum (through Kilo Mike Sierra) and hope to learn a lot more about IF. Warm greetings from Australia and have a very happy Christmas!

Flieger Bernd, edit - march 2015 >>> http://www.interddr.com/interDDR/Welcome.html
0 x

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189
Re: Hello from Australia!

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 15:19

Diese Nachricht ist von Neil, einem Flugbegleiter von Qantas (The Spirit of Australia). Er hat sich schon immer für Interflug interessiert. Als Organisator sogenannter DDR-Entdeckungsreisen besucht er regelmässig Deutschland, um Spuren der DDR-Luftfahrt, aber auch des DDR-Alltags zu finden.
Neil hat eine Website http://www.interDDR.com und würde sich über Kommentare, Korrekturen oder Beiträge hierzu freuen.
Neil ist sehr erfreut, dieses Forum gefunden zu haben und er hofft, nun noch mehr über die IF zu erfahren.
Er sendet uns herzliche Grüsse aus Australien und wünscht ein frohes Weihnachtsfest.

Welcome to our forum, Neil.
When I learned first about this Australian "Interflug Fan Club", I was very sceptical and assumed it was just a rumour. I am glad I was wrong, because it is more interesting this way. 8-)
I promise I will check out your website and I am sure many of our forum members will follow suit.

Please do not hesitate posting any question regarding Interflug or aviation in East Germany and the whole Eastern Bloc in general.
If you come across a forum topic that seems to be of special interest to you, I suggest trying an online translator to decode its meaning. If that does not work (i.e. if you get only gibberish), please let us know. We will wrap up the result of the discussion in English.

Now, you may throw in any question.
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 99817
Skype-Name: EDGE-Henning

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 16:12

Hi Neil!

You are, that you drive a Trabant 601! Even better, it would please me if you'd driven a Wartburg 353!

I've seen on your website that you were in the car museum in Eisenach, where I work! However, it is not the "EMW-museum", it treats all the automaker. From Dixie to BMW, EMW, AWE and Opel.

Greetings to the land of my wife's favorite TV series (McLeod's Daughters) from the cold and snowy Eisenach!
0 x
Flieger sterben nicht, sie fliegen nur höher!

DDR-TKB
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 28816
Hello to Australia!

Ungelesener Beitragvon DDR-TKB » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 16:20

Hi Neil,

I bid you welcome to our forum too. I'm very surprised to see, that there are people on the other side of the planet that are interestet in East German history in that way. I'll check out your website precisely and give you a feedback soon. I've recognised that you have written about the Interflug that it included more than just running aircrafts in order to carry passengers or cargo and I'm very glad to read that. Maybe it would be better, if you could show some pictures of the other sectors of the IF.
I would be delighted to answer your questions especially concerning the agricultural aviation.

PS.: There are some former Interflug M18 ag planes in Australia:

VH-TGY (Trangie, NSW),
VH-IIM (Griffith, NSW),
VH-TZJ (Trangie, NSW),
VH-ILI (Croockwell,NSW),
VH-JTJ (Trangie, NSW),
VH-FSB (Gunnedah , NSW),
VH-TLE (Gunnedah , NSW),
VH-WHR (Emerald, QLD),
VH-SAP (Deniliquin NSW)

Maybe there are some Dromaders flying in front of your camera... at random. I would be very happy to get some pictures or news of them.

Best regards and merry chritsmas

Guido
0 x

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 17:50

Guido is suggesting you may search for traces of Interflug right at your doorsteps. :-P
Were you aware of the fact that former Interflug planes are crowding the skies of Australia?
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 18:39

Hi EDGE-Henning! I'm sorry I don't have a Wartburg - getting a Trabant into Australia was hard enough but I have always thought about adding to my collection! I'm glad you liked McLeod's Daughters - this was filmed in my home state of South Australia not far from where we have a small cottage - my Dad was even an 'extra' in one episode!

Hi Guido! I was not aware of ex-IF ag aircraft here in Australia but now you have given me a challenge! I will have my camera ready at all times now! I wonder if one would come up for sale on eBay!!!!
0 x

DDR-TKB
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 28816
Hello to Australia!

Ungelesener Beitragvon DDR-TKB » Mo 13. Dez 2010, 21:58

I'm really looking forward to getting the result of the challenge :lol:
I think they aren't sold on eBay. They are still used as ag planes. Do you want buy one? I'm afraid there are a little more expensive than a Trabant but you neednt to bother about shipping and permission 8-)

Nice to have a visitor from Australia on my Websites.
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Mi 15. Dez 2010, 17:31

Pictures of Special-Trabant for You!
Trabant-601-Cabrio-Gold_EA-09-2009_Tikwe_03_W.jpg
Trabant 601 Cabriolet (Non Serial-Production!) with 600 ccm 2-Stroke Engine
MR-BM-601_T-601_Pickup_EA-2007_S-Tikwe_05_W.jpg
Trabant 1.1 Pickup (Non Serial-Production!) with 1100 ccm 4-Stroke Engine (VW-Lizenz EA-111)
0 x

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 16. Dez 2010, 02:39

Hi EDGE-Henning!

Great photos! Thank You! It looks like they were taken at the museum at Eisenach? It car season here in Australia so I am hoping to display "Oskar" at a few motor shows. There are a few photos of my Trabi at a car show on my website under the "Intervision" tab.

Does anyone have any photos of daily life at Interflug?
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Do 16. Dez 2010, 06:32

Yes, the photos are Created on the site of the Auto Museum in Eisenach.

What do you think of photos from daily life?
Look here in the Photo Gallery:
modules/gallery/album.php?album_id=12
0 x

Zurück zu „INTERFLUG (English language section)“