Perception of INTERFLUG abroad

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189
Perception of INTERFLUG abroad

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Di 14. Dez 2010, 15:44

How was INTERFLUG perceived as an airline in other countries?

This question is not only about the airline's reputation in terms of punctuality, comfort, friendliness and safety. I would also like to know how the (almost eternal) paint scheme of INTERFLUG was rated.
A similar question applies to the flight attendant uniforms. Were they regarded as old-fashioned, timeless, modern or even fashionable and how did they compare to those of other airlines?

Most of this is in the eye of the beholder of course, but I would like to get some opinions here.
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 20095
Re: Perception of INTERFLUG abroad

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Di 14. Dez 2010, 18:04

a lot of questions, we wait for answers :lol:
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 16. Dez 2010, 02:51

Personally I think the last IF livery was one of the better euro-white schemes around - it didn't look like it was copied or inspired by any other livery which makes it very attractive - especially with the hammer and compass insignia on the tri-band. Was the base colour pure white or off-white? The Flight Attendant uniforms were very smart for the era - especially with the hat. Did IF have any male FA's? The tech-crew uniforms were also very smart with the yellow/green shirts - a nice change from white! It would be very interesting to chat with ex-IF cabin crew about their training - especially emergency procedures as I used to be an instructor and have flown on the Airbus. I never had the pleasure to fly IF but I always assumed they would have been very punctual and efficient - this is the image we had of them in Australia. A bit different to Aeroflot (who did fly to SYD for a short time with IL-62's and A310). I would like to have seen the last IF livery on some of the Soviet aircraft (although I have a model of a TU-204 in this scheme) it would have looked smart on a TU-154 or Il-96M!
0 x

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 27. Jan 2011, 05:01

Has anyone thought what an Interflug advertising campaign would look like if they were around today? How would IF present itself to the world? A new slogan or perhaps a piece of music? I certainly hope they wouldn't have changed their livery. I remember soon after the Soviet Union went out of business and Aeroflot were trying to re-brand themselves - they had (apparently) a billboard advertisement that said "We don't smile because we are serious about making you happy!" Ansett Australia had to change their marketing when they started flying international routes - apparently in Chinese characters the word "Ansett" roughly meant "unhappy death!" (or so the story goes...) I think IF would have used a classical piece of music as their signature.....but which one?
0 x

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 20095

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Do 27. Jan 2011, 19:30

New slogan
INTERFLUG conquered the sky, come with us
I'm looking for a musik :lol:
I liked my uniform, I would have to attract again
0 x