IF Cabin Crew Emergency Training

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 20095
Re: IF Cabin Crew Emergency Training

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Mo 10. Jan 2011, 19:11

EDGE-Henning hat geschrieben:Have you been here for at that time not a smartphone with Camera ?....
Bild

I had a distress exercise without helicopter on the Müggelsee (about in 1976)
We jumped from a boat in the water, swam to a liferaft
(about 100 meters, with a life jacket of course, clothing was an old uniform)
and climbed into the liferaft. There have been waiting for our "rescue" - from the same boat :lol:
That was all under medical supervision by the doctor of our flightsquadron TU-134 (I forgot the name).
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

Sigrid Klein
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
Postcode: 16225

Ungelesener Beitragvon Sigrid Klein » Mi 12. Jan 2011, 11:05

Hello everybody, hi Neil,
I´m back again from a two week holiday,skiing in the mountains Erzgebirge.Neil, to make you envious, 2 metres glittering snow and 9 below zero.Me and my husband liked it very much.
With a smile I red all the new postings and I´m ready to write more.
Bernd and Thomas wrote already about emergency watering training at the Müggelsee. For us attendants it was the same, as Bernd wrote, without a helicopter (that would have been too expensive). I tell you , try to swim with an wet uniform , and an blown up live west around your neck and then climb into a raft, after sitting finally in this raft you could only breathe, breathe , breathe.
We all did´nt like this, but it was helpful, to know yourself and your abilities.
Neil, you have so many questions, I´ll answer it, as good as I can.
Next time more------
Looking forward for your postings

Sigrid
0 x

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mi 12. Jan 2011, 18:03

Hi Sigrid!

Welcome Back! Your holiday sounds like it was a lot of fun! and yes! - I am jealous of the snow! We are supposed to be in the middle of summer here but for the last three days we have had torrential rain and thunderstorms. Not as bad as Queensland with all the flooding so we are very lucky. Thank you for your IF stories - your training is very similar to ours, we have a six month endorsement before we are sent back to the training centre for drills including life raft in the pool, evacuations in the mock-up (which are filmed for review), classroom lessons (usually on a recent accident), dangerous goods (boring!), aeromedicine, crew resource management, security training then an exam by CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority) which we need to pass before we go back on line. We only do a slide decent when we start initial training nowadays - the company is afraid of too many injuries! I think this is wrong, we should know how to make a safe descent down an escape slide and be examined on it - this would be more likely than a ditch at sea (also it's a lot of fun!). The slide on the 747 upper deck is a wild ride - especially if your overalls are a little too tight - they ride up as you go down the slide and your voice goes up a few octaves too! I will write again soon, I am back to work this weekend on reserve so I'm not sure where I'll end up! Kind Regards from Australia, Neil
0 x

Sigrid Klein
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
Postcode: 16225

Ungelesener Beitragvon Sigrid Klein » So 16. Jan 2011, 14:16

Hi Neil,
Today I will answer some of your questions.The duties of Interflug were located near the airport Schönefeld, there were several buildings.We layover /overnight in Larnaca /Cyprus with final destination Damascus and Bagdad,in Karachi/Pakistan to Hanoi,in Brazzaville/Kongo to Luanda and Maputo.Further stays we had in Havana, Hanoi, Luanda, Maputo, Addis Ababa.Special and charter flights led me to Montreal, Las Palmas, Montevideo, Nouadibou (Mauretania /North Africa), Cairo, Amman and Aden, further Moscow, Budapest, Prague, Paris, Bruxelles, Glasgow.
My favourite aircraft is the Ilyushin 62, the long distance aircraft of IF,(before A 310 ).In this aircraft I was so many hours, travelled around the world (5 millon kilometres).We had 150 PAX tourist class and 8 first class, still familiar.
But I also like the Tupolev 134A, because it is very elegant, starts in a steep angle and---- only 76 PAX, 2 seats , aisle, 2 seats.And of course , I like the Ilyushin 18, the Turboprop, but is not so comfortable for the passengers, because it is very loud, the speed is only 650 km/h and the travel height 6000 til 8000 m (turbulences in the clouds). In the IL 18 I had heavy turbulence with injured people, the trolley and I flew in the plane , that was bad experience.
Our rostering system was made for one month in advance, but there were many changes, we also had reserve times.
Neil, you know so much about IF, the GDR and our people. I know little about Australia, I`ve never heard of Ansett airline, but I will google it.
What is your favourite aircraft, what is your favourite destination?
By the way, the snow is almost gone , also in the mountains, and it feels like spring. But the winter, snow and ice will return, we only have January.
Thank you for the photo, I´ll also send some with the help of my husband and sons soon.
Looking forward for more---- Sigrid :-P
0 x

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » So 16. Jan 2011, 14:43

Sigrid Klein hat geschrieben:... 8000 m (turbulences in the clouds). In the IL 18 I had heavy turbulence with injured people, the trolley and I flew in the plane , that was bad experience. ...

I remember, that was a flight to Burgas or Constanta - Captain Wolfgang Schmele (†) and Navigator Flieger Bernd.
I will look in my "Flugbuch" (log book).

I have found it
23.6. - 24.6. 1974
DM-STF, DM-STG - LHBP, LRCK, ETLS, ETEF
Flugstunden gesamt 9.34h, 5.894 km
heavy thunderstorms over the Carpathian mountains
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Mo 17. Jan 2011, 23:52

Flieger Bernd hat geschrieben:...
That was all under medical supervision by the doctor of our flightsquadron TU-134 (I forgot the name).

Possibly Dr. Jürgen Kressin?
Does this name ring any bell?
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Di 18. Jan 2011, 18:07

There was a Dr. Kressin but the doctor was not our squadron Doc. (I think so)
I will look through my old documents ...

hi old fellows, I have found the name - Dr. Franke
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Fr 28. Jan 2011, 14:20

Don life wests!
Emergency ditching training for cockpit and cabin crew / Excellent flying performance of helicopter crew

I have found a mentioning of this helicopter-assisted emergency training on lake Müggelsee in an old issue of START, i.e. INTERFLUG's biweekly corporate newspaper. The helicopter is a Mil Mi-8T of our Special Flight division (FIF). This particular exercise took place on August 5th, 1983.

Bild
Bild

I had to do some image processing to get rid of an ugly coffee stain (genuine IF coffee). :lol:
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Fr 28. Jan 2011, 15:05

Kilo Mike Sierra hat geschrieben: I had to do some image processing to get rid of an ugly coffee stain (genuine IF coffee). :lol:

great, the life raft and I am looking out 8-)

INTERFLUG-coffee was very thin, flabby :lol:
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mo 7. Mär 2011, 03:18

[quote="interDDR-Australia"]
DSC00945.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've had to remove the photo of me at work with ****** - new social media guidelines here in Australia mean that any comments I make whilst using a photo of me in a ****** uniform may be mis-quoted as a direct comment from the airline if posted on a public website - even if it has nothing to do with the airline! So here is "not-a-picture of me" not wearing a ****** uniform saying absolutely nothing about anything!!!!
0 x

Zurück zu „INTERFLUG (English language section)“