Interflug on film!

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442
Re: Interflug on film!

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 23. Dez 2010, 00:16

Hi Kilo Mike Sierra

"a Malev TU-134" was in fact a "CSA TU-134" - I wasn't even close with the airline or the aircraft! Ha Ha - funny how time distorts memories! Thank you, I will try to find some more information out about it! KMS - Thank you again for introducing me to this site, I have already met some very kind and helpful people and enjoy very much the contact, being so far away it makes me feel part of DDR aviation with a group of fellow enthusiasts! I will certainly pass this site on to my fellow crew members at work who also share this interest!
0 x

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 23. Dez 2010, 00:21

Thank you EDGE-Henning for the links! I will certainly visit the sites. I must admit that I only saw a few episodes of McLeod's Daughters and I haven't even seen the one episode that my father was an 'extra' in! This is was filmed in the area we are visiting for Christmas, my parents live there and so does my sister but it's a 10 hour drive from here! Luckily I have plenty of CD's with Silly, Regina Thoss, Karat, Puhdys and the soundtrack to Heisser Sommer to keep us amused!
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 99817
Skype-Name: EDGE-Henning

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Do 23. Dez 2010, 06:53

That's not bad, my wife knows this and every episode has decoupled each song ......
By the way, is the best music from East Germany since 2007 with a new look! The bands play each with the Film Orchestra Babelsberg, a former film orchestra of the East German DEFA film producers, their hits again. As a DVD and still live is an absolute experience. A mixture of rock and classical music.
0 x
Flieger sterben nicht, sie fliegen nur höher!

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Mi 11. Mai 2011, 13:17

Treffpunkt Flughafen!

I finally tracked down all the episodes of this series on DVD - although no English subtitles I'm enjoying it immensely! We are up to episode 3 - it is such a thrill to see all the wonderful Interflug aircraft inflight and the scenes of SXF. The images of such other wonderful Soviet airliners such as the IL-86 and TU-154 are very exciting. We also cheer when we see a Trabant or Wartburg! Does anyone have any interesting stories or anecdotes about this series or have any comments about the filming?

I will watch this series over and over again - it will also improve my German!

Warm regards from a cold Australia!

Neil
0 x

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Mi 11. Mai 2011, 17:00

One morning when I showed up at work at Berlin-Schönefeld airport, I noticed some highly unusual palm trees in front of the former Lufthansa (GDR) terminal, which was used at this time by Air Traffic Control and MITROPA, the latter operating a cafeteria there. On top of the building were large letters that were not there the day before. The sign read "Managua - Nicaragua" or so. I thought 'Hmmm - what does all that mean?'
It meant “Treffpunkt Flughafen” had come to town and turned a part of the airport into Aeropuerto Internacional Augusto César Sandino (aka Managua - Las Mercedes airport).
Up to this day, I had been totally unaware of the ongoing shooting of this television series.

I am also leaning towards buying that "Treffpunkt Flughafen" DVD set. What I do like about that TV series are the short takes of “atmospheric” footage that have made it into the movie. Some of them show former colleagues that I used to know – like the controllers in the tower cab or in front of the radar screens. Then there is Sabine, that pretty marshaller. (Neil, you will not fail noticing her.) Another marshaller is Herbert, who also appears somewhere in the series. I also remember some of the baggage handlers (red work clothes) and some guys of the line maintenance (“Startdienst”, orange work clothes).

…this is all about memories.

Apart from that, I think the story lines of the episodes are not very deep. I find them almost boring, because there is no real conflict – just the usual domestic or corporate disturbances between regular people. The episodes do not paint a very realistic picture of INTERFLUG or of the life in East Germany. It is highly obvious that the makers of the series tried to portrait good and upright people with high communist ideals. Our contemporary movies were crowded with these positive role models and communist examples. In a way, it is not bad to focus on the “good” guys, but I think it was often overdone in East Germany.
However, as far as the locations and the backdrop of this INTERFLUG series are concerned, I can assure you that they are highly authentic. The same applies to all vehicles (both cars and planes), but you know that already.
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

ronsig

Ungelesener Beitragvon ronsig » Mo 27. Feb 2012, 01:23

I also bought the Treffpunkt Flughafen series of DVD's. Luckily I have a DVD player that I have "fixed" to play the European dvd's too!
Yes, the stories are not that good, but the aircraft video is wonderful!

Greetings from Canada!
0 x

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 99817
Skype-Name: EDGE-Henning

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Mo 27. Feb 2012, 06:21

A tip!
Under German law, one must make a backup copy of a DVD (or video tape, audio CD), if one does not bypass any copy protection. here you can remove the region code! Are multi-norm devices for PAL Video-Norm it is determined in Canada?
0 x
Flieger sterben nicht, sie fliegen nur höher!

ronsig

Ungelesener Beitragvon ronsig » So 25. Mär 2012, 00:52

As far as I know, DVD players are not officially sold as being "region free" in Canada. However, the cheapest DVD players from unknown companies either automatically play all regions = with no mention of that on the package = or can be "hacked" with a special code put in via the remote control. Simply Google "dvd player hacks" and you can check it out!
0 x

Zurück zu „INTERFLUG (English language section)“