"Do you remember Interflug?"

Non-German speaking members, please submit your topics here.
Feel free to reply to existing (German) threads in English language.

Moderator: Kilo Mike Sierra

Kilo Mike Sierra
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 1189
"Do you remember Interflug?"

Ungelesener Beitragvon Kilo Mike Sierra » Mi 26. Jan 2011, 18:04

I found the following in the blog of Lajos, an Hungarian air traffic controller at Budapest Tower. Since it was written in English, I decided to place his interesting statement about INTERFLUG in this section.

Do you remember Interflug? That was the airline of the German Democratic Republic and we could only admire their pilots. They were precise, followed the instructions to the letter and almost never complained. They flew the IL-18 like a fighter and performed a few spectacular visual approaches that were an experience not to be missed. It was a pleasure working with them. The contrast could not be bigger with some of the pilots of our local airline who were not beyond throwing some hysterics if things did not go exactly the way they would want it. I will not dredge up names but some were truly insufferable.

Here is the link to the blog. Above statement can be found in part 4.

For everyone's convenience, here is the German translation:

Erinnert ihr euch an Interflug? Das war die Fluggesellschaft der DDR und wir hatten für ihre Piloten nur Bewunderung übrig. Sie waren präzise, hielten sich buchstabengenau an unsere Anweisungen und haben sich fast nie beschwert. Sie flogen die Il-18 wie ein Kampfflugzeug und führten ein paar Sichtanflüge aus, die einfach ein Erlebnis waren. Es war ein Vergnügen mit ihnen zu arbeiten. Der Unterschied zu den Piloten unserer lokalen Fluggesellschaft konnte nicht größer sein. Diese warfen uns schon 'mal Beschimpfungen an den Kopf, wenn die Dinge nicht genauso abliefen, wie sie es gern gehabt hätten. Ich werde keine Namen nennen, aber manche waren wahrlich nicht zum Aushalten.

That sounds great, doesn't it. 8-)
Any comments on that?
0 x
Thomas

Mein Auto kann ich innerhalb von 5 Minuten komplett "aufladen" (sogar überall unterwegs) und komme damit ca. 700 km weit.

EA-Henning
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 99817
Skype-Name: EDGE-Henning
Re: "Do you remember Interflug?"

Ungelesener Beitragvon EA-Henning » Mi 26. Jan 2011, 18:13

Wow!!!!
That sounds great!
0 x
Flieger sterben nicht, sie fliegen nur höher!

Flieger Bernd
Administrator
Administrator
Postcode: 20095

Ungelesener Beitragvon Flieger Bernd » Mi 26. Jan 2011, 18:23

Is that true? I get red ears :oops:

by the way - a nice text
New series on Roger-Wilco. The tower with a soul…
0 x
Anfang sky
Endeground

interDDR-Australia
Benutzer
Benutzer
Postcode: 3442

Ungelesener Beitragvon interDDR-Australia » Do 27. Jan 2011, 04:46

I would not expect anything less of Interflug crew - the Germans are always very precise and skilled - I'm sure the East Germans were more so! What a great compliment to all the Interfliegers - well deserved and very nice of the controller to post his thoughts.
0 x

Silbertablett
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
ex-Interflieger (FB/VF)
Postcode: 10243

Ungelesener Beitragvon Silbertablett » Do 27. Jan 2011, 10:27

Hi, are there in the past any (nice?) memories of stewardesses ? I'm not fishing for compliments, but there were no need for our "Mädels" to hide themselves from other cabine attendents.
Have a look into the part Uniforms of Interflug crews please - a visual pleasure, isn't it? ;-))
Zuletzt geändert von DDR-TKB am Do 27. Jan 2011, 16:18, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: link inserted
0 x
Es grüßt das Silbertablett

Zurück zu „INTERFLUG (English language section)“